Updated Reel, short and sweet =)

I just updated my cinematography reel. I was curious of the feel and general reactions.

www.danielainsworth.com

Thanks a bunch, for any critique.

Take it easy everyone,

-Daniel

Nice work! I would swap the first shot immediately for something more moody.. opening with someone talking and not hearing what they are saying takes away from the shot.. use that shot (shorter) later...

I like when the music picks up.. nice images!

The reel looks pretty good overall. Pacing is good. It has the short but sweet feel. There are a couple shots that I don't think meet the quality standard of the rest of the reel, though. The first is the woman outdoors - it comes two shots after the one of a woman in her kitchen. It doesn't look like the light was modified. Backlight is strong and her face is flat. The other shot is the one near the end of the woman sitting down, sunlight glares off her sunglasses. It's such a short shot that I don't get a sense of the environment, and I don't think it lends anything to the reel.

Did you get permission to use that Radiohead song?

The reel looks pretty good overall. Pacing is good. It has the short but sweet feel. There are a couple shots that I don't think meet the quality standard of the rest of the reel, though. The first is the woman outdoors - it comes two shots after the one of a woman in her kitchen. It doesn't look like the light was modified. Backlight is strong and her face is flat. The other shot is the one near the end of the woman sitting down, sunlight glares off her sunglasses. It's such a short shot that I don't get a sense of the environment, and I don't think it lends anything to the reel.

Did you get permission to use that Radiohead song?

Wait, do you have to have the rights to music for demo reels? I have seen tons with popular music on them, and there's no way everyone has the rights cleared..