Which computer do you prefer to work with videos?

Im working on a graduation project and I need to purchase a computer to work with my video files and create DVDs. Im a nvidea type of person. My budget is kinda fixed.

What kind of setups do you prefer to use? Please tell me the softwares you use to the operating systems

Honestly, really any decently-powered modern computer is going to be able to handle what you're doing just fine. Just get something with a good amount of storage. Make your decision on what software you prefer to use- ie; if you want to use Final Cut Pro, then get a Mac. Most of what's out there now is pretty capable.

• Premium Member

While I have a Mac and FCP, I feel it might be more cost effective (if you're still a student too) to go with a PC and get the student version of Media Composer from AVID which sells for $295... Or you can throw MC on a mac as well. Works just as good (minus DPX support)

If I got a mac it would be about the special software they have like iMovie, and Final Cut (probably express if I'm paying for it).

If I go with PC its gonna be basically a gaming PC (gotta have Star Craft 2) about the same price as a mac, but double or triple the processor video and hard drive power.

Are macs really that great for the extremely high price for the not so high power (yes im a Microsoft person I have windows7, Xbox 360, and a Zune BUT im willing to have both in my life)?