Anamorphic Lenses - Some problems

Daniel Porto

James the photos are finally here! Haha

Sorry it has taken me so long but I thought I would wait until I got my 35mm Anamorphic before I sent you the photos.

I am having some problems though... (addressing to all)

The 35mm wont focus. There are screws on the side that seem to be there to lock onto the rear part of the lens (the non-anamorphic bit), perhaps they are in the wrong position but I doubt that because I have moved the lens back and forth and still the same problem.

Also when I attach the de-anamorphic viewfinder I can focus on the ground glass but it seems that only lines that are horizontal are in focus... not sure why and because of this the image wont focus.

Hopefully someone can help me!

THANKS DANIEL PORTO

post-33414-1237116911.jpg

• Premium Member

Hi Daniel, If you take out those 3 screws you will be able to tale off the back mount portion of the lens. What you must do is to make sure that the pin is in the slot back there. Hopefully you can orientate it correctly with the pin. This should help your focus. If not, you have collimation/calibration issues.

But try orienting first.

James the photos are finally here! Haha

Sorry it has taken me so long but I thought I would wait until I got my 35mm Anamorphic before I sent you the photos.

I am having some problems though... (addressing to all)

The 35mm wont focus. There are screws on the side that seem to be there to lock onto the rear part of the lens (the non-anamorphic bit), perhaps they are in the wrong position but I doubt that because I have moved the lens back and forth and still the same problem.

Also when I attach the de-anamorphic viewfinder I can focus on the ground glass but it seems that only lines that are horizontal are in focus... not sure why and because of this the image wont focus.

Hopefully someone can help me!

THANKS DANIEL PORTO

post-33414-1237116911.jpg

:blink: That's bizarre. Well, from what I've heard Bernie really knows these lenses so I would try what he recommended. As for the viewfinder, it sounds like something got knocked out of alignment maybe in shipping. You may have to send the stuff off and have some work done. (I'm probably gonna have to send my 75mm off because the focus is really stiff so don't feel bad) but on the positive side, they look like they are in really good condition so it's probably a minor fix and will be well worth any cash you put into them. After all these things are like 30 years old, so one might expect to have to do a little maintenance and repair before they're back in top shape again. Just chock it up to part of the price for getting a good anamorphic lens set for under a grand!! if it makes you feel any better, think what the rental on an anamorphic lens set would be each week and you'll realize just how far ahead of the game you are. I'll keep my eye open for a 75mm for you if one comes up. B)

Hi Daniel.

Please confirm of full names of lenses.

35 mm front anamoprhic adapter 35 NAS or full lens 35 BAS ?

The second - 35 NAS-4-1 front anamoprhic attachment 50/ 75 mm

and spherical lens 75 mm ?

The front anamoprhic attachmnet 35 mm have rear spherical lens 35 mm ?

At first, you need adjust of de-anamoprhic viewfinder with your camera.

The body of de-anamoprhic viewfinder have mount part, jammed by a few small screws.

You need unscrew of this small screws and mount part can be turn and move on body of viewfinder.

You need move of viewfinder in forward or in back and adjusting of sharpness of ground glass.

After, you turn of viewfinder in left or right and adjusting of correct square of ground glass.

All this procedures will have good result, if the de-anamorphic viewfinder have correct adjusting of optical components inside.

The adjusting of NAS anamoprhic lenses need from adjusting of flange focal distance of spherical lens at rear componnet.

You set of spherical viewfinder on camera, set up of spherical component of NAS lens and adjusting of position of spherical lens inside body at " inifinity" position.

After, you can add of front anamoprhic adapter and replace of viewfinder on de-anamorphic.

If the anamorphic picture on ground glass have artifacts, need adjust of front anamorphic adapter.

But, this procedure possible on optical bench only.

Thanks heaps James! I already have a 75mm though all I need now is the rear 50mm attachment! If you find one let me know :)

Hi Daniel.

Please confirm of full names of lenses.

35 mm front anamoprhic adapter 35 NAS or full lens 35 BAS ?

The second - 35 NAS-4-1 front anamoprhic attachment 50/ 75 mm

and spherical lens 75 mm ?

The front anamoprhic attachmnet 35 mm have rear spherical lens 35 mm ?

Thanks for helping OLEX!

The 75mm is 35HAC4-1 (front anamorphic attachment)

The 35mm is 35HAC 10-3 (with spherical lens at rear)

The 75mm works perfectly but the 35mm does not focus at all. Could you please help?

THANKS

Thanks for helping OLEX!

The 75mm is 35HAC4-1 (front anamorphic attachment)

The 35mm is 35HAC 10-3 (with spherical lens at rear)

The 75mm works perfectly but the 35mm does not focus at all. Could you please help?

/quote]

To Set up of 35 mm rear part with spherical lens on camera with " normal" viewfinder.

You can see of good picture on ground glass ? The spherical lens must be adjust on Infinity.

If Yes, go to second step, if not- need adjust of flange focal distance of spherical lens.

Step 2, to test of front anamorphic attachmnet.

to connect of front anamorphic attachment on rear part of 35 mm lens and replace of viewfinder onde-anamorphic.

You must be sure, the your de-anamoprhic viewfinder adjust correctly.

You must see of good picture on ground glass.

If not, to need adjusting of components of front anamorphic attachment.

You can send me PM.