Gelling Chimera lanterns

I've been working on a series of supermarket jobs where we use 3 or 4 of Chimera's medium and large pancake lanterns with a gel pack of 1/2 CTB and 1/4+ green. Although the gel method we are using is working, the prep involved is a little time consuming and the color output isn't exactly satisfying to the DP's needs. Any suggestions as to a quick method of gelling these lanterns, or a helpful device that could surround the bulb quickly with the gel pack?

I haven't looked inside a Chimera Pancake in a while. Is it a bare Mogul Bulb? You might want to get a "cage" from a hardware store. It's just a metal protective frame for a bulb. You might be able to pre gel this and slide it over the bulb. Also they are coming out with new powerful fluorescents which might match the practical lighting you are dealing with.

Bob,

Yes, the bulb is a bare, mogul based 2k. The lanterns are rigged on 16' speed rail menace arms, so the idea of rigging a frame on the arm would add more weight to the already obtrusive rig. I was thinking of a mason jar lamp scenario where a glass globe would fit over the bulb, and could handle the heat.