16mm film cores: where can I buy them?

Thanks very much for the leads, guys. I am in Norfolk Virginia and a bit removed from most cine labs.

Karl, thanks a lot for the offer, I would be happy to take you up on it. Just let me know if you can find some around, PM me if you do, I will pay for postage.

Cheers,

Roger

I can prollly dig a few up for you myself, but you do have to pay postage from me :-p

Thanks very much for the leads, guys. I am in Norfolk Virginia and a bit removed from most cine labs.

You are going to have to have your Neg developed so you mine as well call the Lab of your choice (I use Fotokem 818.846.3102) and ask them to send you:

16mm Cores

Empty Cans

Bags

Camera Reports (they will even preprint these for you with your info)

Color Chart/ Gray Scale

Each of these is a must when shooting (S)16mm.

The Labs supply these... just pay postage.

David, that sounds like a good idea. I actually was considering Fotokem for S16mm and AlphaCine for S8mm, so this fits me.

Karl, thanks again, I will go with David's suggestion.

-Roger

You are going to have to have your Neg developed so you mine as well call the Lab of your choice (I use Fotokem 818.846.3102) and ask them to send you:

16mm Cores

Empty Cans

Bags

Camera Reports (they will even preprint these for you with your info)

Color Chart/ Gray Scale

Each of these is a must when shooting (S)16mm.

The Labs supply these... just pay postage.

David, that sounds like a good idea. I actually was considering Fotokem for S16mm and AlphaCine for S8mm, so this fits me.

Karl, thanks again, I will go with David's suggestion.

-Roger

All good suggestions. They are correct, the lab will supply cores, bags and cans (as we do). We clean the cans, check the bags and put cores in as we process 16 and 35 film. Fotokem, and others, are all great labs. You can also check us out at www.deldenfilmlab.com, 952-888-8855. Sorry for the promotion, just couldn't help myself. We're always looking to help folks in film projects.

Thanks very much, John.

-Roger

All good suggestions. They are correct, the lab will supply cores, bags and cans (as we do). We clean the cans, check the bags and put cores in as we process 16 and 35 film. Fotokem, and others, are all great labs. You can also check us out at www.deldenfilmlab.com, 952-888-8855. Sorry for the promotion, just couldn't help myself. We're always looking to help folks in film projects.

Roger,

Karl is a good guy...

For shipping, I use Fed Ex Priority Overnight.. in 7 years have never had a problem ... here is a DO NOT X-RAY Label you can print out and clear tape to each side of your shipping carton. I have used Fotokem for over 20 years... great Lab.

Enjoy your shoot!

John.. I like your Site.

Just wanted to be sure you want these. . .

http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/WindsorBear...ak___1_Black_3M

Mine are not quite like this, but I can't get a scan to upload. They are white, 3-3/32" O.D. (78.6mm OD in F*cking metrics) and they say "KODAK" on them.

That's what you're after, right? Last time I sent something like this in the mail, it cost under a buck, so we'll just write that off, pay it forward. . .

Are two of them enough? I could only find two today.

Edited by Karl Borowski

Karl,

You are really kind, yes, those should do fine they are to fit an Aaton. I got a good deal and the mags did not come with cores. Thank you, and I will be sure to pay it forward, always try to when I can as well. Cheers, Karl.

David, appreciate the link to the warning label and the feedback on Fotokem.

I love this board just because of guys like you.

Just wanted to be sure you want these. . .

http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/WindsorBear...ak___1_Black_3M

Mine are not quite like this, but I can't get a scan to upload. They are white, 3-3/32" O.D. (78.6mm OD in F*cking metrics) and they say "KODAK" on them.

That's what you're after, right? Last time I sent something like this in the mail, it cost under a buck, so we'll just write that off, pay it forward. . .

Are two of them enough? I could only find two today.

• Premium Member
Hi guys, looking for a place to purchase a few 16mm film cores. Appreciate any leads, thanks.

1) If you would rather buy them there are a few places that list them as editorial supplies.

2) Kodak will sell them in case lots

3) Urbanski film also lists the cores, but not the bags.

But the labs are your best bets. they end up with lots of them as the ngatives tend to get spliced into bigger rolls for printing/scanning. and they also get them from kodak as needed.