FS - 16mm KEM Rapid flatbed editor

Alain LeTourneau

16mm KEM Rapid 6-plate flatbed editor

This machine is in perfect operating condition. Purchased from the original owner in Vancouver BC, I personally transported this KEM to ensure safe transit. KEM is a modular system, meaning one can also use 35mm picture and sound modules on the same machine. All parts are interchangable, older machine modules will easily integrate with newer ones.

KEM is well known for it's small footprint (space saver), and this particular model can be tilted back on it's own support legs for easy maintenance and repairs.

This circa 1980 machine has special 16mm sound modules with spring-loaded heads. This feature slows or prevents certain wear characteristics created by magnetic film running over the head, and permits extended use of the sound heads.

Machine comes with additional parts listed below.

• (2) KEM speakers, late-model, excellent condition

• (2) Plates 2000' (for running long lab rolls)

• (2) K-521 electronic counters (to replace manual counters on older machines)

• Spare printed circuit boards

• Other spare parts

• PLUS - Magnasync 2200 16mm mag recorder. This unit has been aligned and biased for Kodak/Pyral 810PB stock.

$1200 plus crating/freight or local pick-up

How well does it step through single frames? I've used some Steenbecks, that may have been out of spec, but it was difficult to accurately step frame by frame.

For some reason I can never find many pictures of KEM flatbeds. Do you know of any links with information or pictures?

Is the KEM significantly lighter in weight than a similar six-plate Steenbeck?

How well does it step through single frames? I've used some Steenbecks, that may have been out of spec, but it was difficult to accurately step frame by frame.

For some reason I can never find many pictures of KEM flatbeds. Do you know of any links with information or pictures?

Is the KEM significantly lighter in weight than a similar six-plate Steenbeck?

It slows down to 1-3 fps, and you can always manually run over the pix head.

I can send some pics is you shoot me an email I can reply to... a(at)alainletourneau(dot)com.

It's lighter than a Steenbeck 1901 by about 50-60 pounds.