Green Lantern gets the $150 million Green Light

Keith Walters

• Premium Member

Green Lantern Film tio be Shot in Fox Studios Sydney

Film people have been doing it tough here for quite a few years now so this should be welcome news.

Does anybody know what format it's to be shot on? Given Warner Bros' current dubious fascination with digital capture, The PV Genesis would seem the obvious choice, but I'll bet Arri Australia will be in there working hard to flog the virtues of the D21. They haven't had a single decent job since they set up shop in Oz nearly 5 years ago!

That would nicely continue one tradition: every first-time mainstream cinematic outing of every new "digital cinematography" camera, has been shot in Australia.

Consider:

"Star Wars II": F900s from PV

"Star Wars III": F950s from Plus8Digital.

"Superman Returns": Genesis from PV*

"Knowing": RED from er... RED...

Will it now be

"The Green Lantern": D21, from Arri:-)

Green Lantern is another character in the DC comics stable (Superman, Batman, The Flash, Wonder Woman etc) but one that up to now has proven impractical to translate to the big screen. I hope they do a better job than they did on Superman Returns.

And given the generally verdant nature of Hal Jordan's attire of choice, will Green Screen be appropriate, or will bluescreen be making a one-off comeback? :D

I wonder whatever happened to Wonder Woman?

*It's true a couple of other Genesis features were released before Superman Returns, but Superman Returns was the first Genesis project out of the starting gate.

Edited by Keith Walters

• 1 month later...