Cartridge jamming

Pavan Deep

Hi

I have nerver really had any problems with jamming cartridges, but recently I have had some a Vision 200 stock jam. Obviously it could be the camera but I used three different cameras all with fresh batteries, a Nizo 6080, a Nizo 561 and a Bauer 715XL, the film jammed in all of the cameras. When I took the cartridge out and tried to turn the spindle, it wouldn't turn easily. Why do cartridges jam? Is there some kind of lubricant I could use what part of the cartridge can be lubricated?

Pav

• Premium Member

Nagtive stock seems to be a little thicker than the classic K40. But that's not the cause of the jam here if the cartridge itself is sticky.

Try the next cartridge and inform Kodak about the issue, they'll replace the one that didn't work.

I have been unlucky myself with these issues. Double Super 8 never let me down.

About a year or two ago Kodak had some big problems with their cartridges-- something about when they transferred their super 8 manufacturing to Colorado. You might have gotten a bad one-- but the spindle should never turn easily-- it's not designed that way. Try another from a different batch and then return the bad one.