Heavy duty cube taps

I have some cheap cube taps I picked up for about $1/each at the hardware store. The contacts on them are really flimsy and the grounding pin on one of them fell out the other day. I've noticed on some products like Arri plugs and on a ground tester I have, the metal contacts are much more sturdy, I can barely bend them w/my hand. Where can I find heavier duty cube taps?

Btw, why isn't there a category on here for electrical stuff? Grips got their own, what about electrics?

I have some cheap cube taps I picked up for about $1/each at the hardware store.

I don't know which hardware store you go to. Home Depot sells cube taps, there white and pretty sturdy. They sell for around 4$. Just go to a film supply store, or rental house that also sells products. Also cube taps are actually an expendable when working on a set. They should be listed as such and bought for electrics to use. It's always good to keep a few extra of your own around.

I like to take a ground adapter and loop a key ring around the little metal tab that is attached. I can hang it from my belt, Then I plug in what ever I need for the day usually a couple cube taps, prong to bulb, or a pig nose. Not saying I'm a master by any means but thats that.

And as for having an electric page. Gaffing lighting is electric. There are many grips in the grip family and the same is true with electrics. I think the web design is just supposed to be simple.

I use the $1 orange ones from the "dollar stores". Haven't had an issues with them. Some people on set seem to feel that just because I have a dozen or so in with the electrical gear, they can keep one or two.

If you want black ones, Lex products sell them, about $4 each.