lights in a hot tub

I need to light a quick seen of two people in a hot tub and want to light the water from in it.

Whats a good way to get a light in the water either making a light water proof or using a practical?

first I wouldnt Make a light water proof unless you want to MAKE your way to a funeral. There are underwater lights available. Try either pond lights but make sure they are safe, before using.

I have heard and you should research this that some KINOs can go in the water safely. Look up here on the forum as this has been discussed.

you might also try bouncing a light into the water to make the water glow.

You mentioned it is a quick scene. You might want to just rent some powerful scuba diving flash lights. They probably burn for 45 minutes and might do the trick with a maximum of safety and a minimum of hassle. The down side is when they run out you are dead in the water.

The only safe way to do it is with underwater specific equipment and shock blocks. Even the LED pool lights aren't safe in this application. They are meant to be installed in recesses in the sides of pools where water doesn't get to the wires. An underwater par with a wide lens and facing down to bounce off the bottom can work nice. Especially with a good dose of water jet bubbles.