Attn: Ambitious Machinists....Expensive Paperweight!

http

://cgi.ebay.com/ARRIFLEX-MOVIE-CAMERA-...3A50">

Somebody buy this for me because it's awesome and I think I would just stare at it every day. :wub:

Yes. This IS what I do at 3 in the morning when I can't sleep, so I just thought I'd share the love. Good night, my fellow camera geeks! <3

• Premium Member

Thanks, Annie! I just bought one of his other items -- a trashed Model I body. This one looks like it might contain the gear I need to fix another of my Model I's.

-- J.S.

• Premium Member
The seller also has tons of other random Arri parts including spare castings from different bodies, it's really weird. Who wants to build a Frankencam? :-P

Annie,

Those 16BL guts have quite a bit of rust on them. I would steer clear.

Heck, if you love the mechanics of the cameras, buy yourself a 16S, 16M (which are going really cheap these days) or a 16BL and take it apart. Taking them apart is pretty straight forward. Then you can set the different sub-assemblies all around your room and be in ARRI GEEK HEAVEN. It's a lovely place to be. :rolleyes:

Best,

-Tim

Actually, come to think of it, I did see a 16S body going for about $350...I'm seeing a LOT of film cameras going up for auction and it's really kinda depressing. I feel like rescuing them before it's too late...sheltering them from the horrors of cheapskate producers who are dumping film to shoot on the Red... "It's okay, little film cameras...you're safe here!"

That reminds me. I'm putting together some reference photos for my tattooist of the 16S from various angles of uber sexiness. We were talking about adding a battery because, you know, you can't have a camera without a battery, especially if it's tattooed on your arm. I mean, he's planning to draw up the camera first and see how it looks, then add the battery...it might work, it might not. But I was thinking of using a battery belt which would then go on the inside of my arm. So then, the power cable would wrap around the back of my arm. If anyone has any really cool, retro-looking battery belts lying around, feel free to send photos my way!