HELP PICKING UP CAM FILTERS.

hey my name is Adrian i'm from ecuador and this is the first time i post in this forum so pardon my writing :ph34r:

anyways, im trying to find a web page or something that can show me every filter that there is and how does it work on the camera, speacially the "enhancing" "ultra contrast" and "low contrast".

thanks

• Premium Member
hey my name is Adrian i'm from ecuador and this is the first time i post in this forum so pardon my writing :ph34r:

anyways, im trying to find a web page or something that can show me every filter that there is and how does it work on the camera, speacially the "enhancing" "ultra contrast" and "low contrast".

thanks

There isn't a website with examples of every filter, and those with examples may not have the right scene content to show the effect of the filter well. This is why you need to look at them yourself.

The book "Image Control" by Hirschfeld is also a good reference on filter effects, with examples.

http://www.amazon.com/Image-Control-Pictur...1507&sr=1-2

This site has some examples, under "Camera Filters":

http://www.camerafilters.co.uk/

Individual filter makers will have brochures showing examples. I'd look up the websites for Tiffen, Schneider Precision Optics, and Formatt, maybe the still camera filter makers like Hoya.

thank you gentelman all the answers have been very helpfull.

Ill shall procede to apply them and ill let you know how it went.

the books are great, im going to try to find them in the bookstores around here.

thanks again.

AES.