Recommend me a projector capable of 24fps??

James Millward

I have a Eumig Mark 610D which was my fathers from new. Its working well, but can only run upto 18fps.

I want to shoot some 24fps stuff, and am wondering if you guys can reccomend solid projectors to look for (capable of 24fps)??

From what I understand, my 610D is a well respected projector. So should I get another Eumig? If so, what make to look for??

Thanks guys

James

I have a Sankyo Dualux 2000H I use for DIY telecine. It's variable speed between 16-22 FPS. If you just want a projector that has 24 FPS there are a number of brands to look at. Eumig, Elmo, Chinon, Sankyo. If you want to stick with Eumig I believe you want a later model(not sure). The advantage of the Elmo's is that they can probably be worked on if need be and parts might be available. Lots of choices at 24 FPS.

• 3 weeks later...

I have two projectors that work at either 18 fps or 24 fps.

One is the ELMO ST 1200 (the older model with one mono sound track and both magnetic and optical sound) and the other is the BEAULIEU 708 EL Stereo. The ELMO takes 360 meter reels and the BEAULIEU takes large 700 meter reels. The latter has magnetic stereo sound (two tracks) and on top of the two speeds also has a variable speed adjustment. The Beaulieu also has a variable shutter - three or two blades - the two blade shutter option gives you a bit more light, but it is only usable at 24-25 fps, because at 18 fps you will get too much of a flicker.

It´s a really great projector (professional grade) with an incredibly sharp Schneider projection lens. I have put a small aperture, made out of black card in front of both lenses, to further improve on the edge sharpness.

Both projectors have holders for anamorphic widescreen lenses, such as the Kowa Prominar 8-Z or Bell & Howell/Kowa.

I am projecting my films at 25 fps, as my Beaulieu Super 8 cameras are all converted to this European sync sound standard speed (25 fps/ 50 Hz).

Best,

Bengt in Stockholm ;)

Edited by Bengt Freden