Lens Info

I'm a newbie when it comes to different types of lenses. I was wonder, were can I go to get info on lenses?

Hey Denis,

Do you mean different types of lenses as in different manufactures?? or different types as in Zooms, Primes, etc??

Most lens manufactures have data sheets on their websites to support their different product ranges... or if you do want information on different lenses, from memory the first chapter of "Cinematography" by Kris Malkiewicz and David Mullen ASC should see you on the right path...

Hope thats some help,

N

Hey Denis,

Do you mean different types of lenses as in different manufactures?? or different types as in Zooms, Primes, etc??

Most lens manufactures have data sheets on their websites to support their different product ranges... or if you do want information on different lenses, from memory the first chapter of "Cinematography" by Kris Malkiewicz and David Mullen ASC should see you on the right path...

Hope thats some help,

N

I forget what edition of the ASC manual it was but I compiled the Lens List which was about 1009 different lenses. It has just about every lens imaginable except for the ones made after that. I wanted to add minimum focus but it was ixnayed. I think it was the 7th edition. You can go to all the manufacturers web sites and find useful information there

Hey Denis,

Hope thats some help,

N

I meant as in different types such as zoom, primes, long, short, etc.