Terminator Salvation

I saw terminator the other night

the movie was decent,I thought the cinematography was the best part about the film.

Christian Bales performance was very flat and boring.

I was a little disappointed because I normally like Christians work

but this was his worst performance Ive seen.

I thought the lighting was amazing, really good work from Shane Hurlbut

theres a scene at the beginning with Christian Bale inside a dark lab underground

He strikes a Flare and the screen just burns out white,it looked so cool.

what are your thoughts on this film

I also thought the cinematography was amazing. I was very impressed. I thought the action scenes were really intense and well done. I really liked Sam Worthington, and I wished the movie was all about his character. The story was decent but had some flaws, especially towards the end. You could tell that the film had be butchered to reduce it from an R-rating to a PG-13.

Overall I liked it. It was good but not great.

I liked the cinematography as well, there were a couple of scenes, one I can remember off the top of my head, where you can see a series of brown dots across the screen for just one or two frames. When Marcos Wright starts to walk through the minefield he there is shot where you can see what looks like some sort of digital maker where the mines were to be digitally placed. It wasn't a shot from any machine's POV nor were there even machines present in the scene so it was unlikely that it was done on purpose. It could've just been on the print we screened but I don't know. Anybody else notice this?

I think I noticed those dots too

but I was thinking it may of been the projector?

I think those dots are a sort of digital ID to help prevent pirating.

Some of the digital F/X were amazing. The sound design was also so well done that I found myself getting VERY ANGRY whenever the music score would swell up to cue some action and totally throw me out of the moment. This was especially the case when the giant machines where harvesting the humans at the gas station outpost. That was such a haunting moment with the eerie sounds the robots made, then they quickly ruined the moment with the canned music that slammed the audience into the action as it picked up. This happens all the time in other big blockbusters. It's about as stupid as canned laughter. Who makes these decisions? Producers need to take a page from Children of Men's example. The action is so much more involving when there isn't a cacophony of cheesy movie music.