1/3-1/4 chip Circle of Confusion

• Premium Member

Math being my very weak suit, and why I went to art school in the first place, I reach out to you, o brothers and sisters for some numbers.

Have any of you worked out, or found an accurate, assuming your math skills can allow you to check, (gosh this sounds like a great catch 22 issue) the circle of confusion for 1/3 or 1/4 chip cameras? I'm trying to set up a custom FoV for the iphone pCAM app. I've roughed in some numbers and seem to be getting some wacky data out.

Jonathan (still struggling with algebra) Rho

• Premium Member
Math being my very weak suit, and why I went to art school in the first place, I reach out to you, o brothers and sisters for some numbers.

Have any of you worked out, or found an accurate, assuming your math skills can allow you to check, (gosh this sounds like a great catch 22 issue) the circle of confusion for 1/3 or 1/4 chip cameras? I'm trying to set up a custom FoV for the iphone pCAM app. I've roughed in some numbers and seem to be getting some wacky data out.

Jonathan (still struggling with algebra) Rho

Panavision gives a CoC of .009mm for 2/3" video so I would try .0045mm and see if that gives you believable results. Ideally, you would want to do a test and then choose a CoC that jives with what you see on screen.