Absolute

Guest Mark Dawson

Guest Mark Dawson

behind_Absolute_8.jpgbehind_Absolute_7.jpg

Just thought you would like to know that Londonmark Films were filming in London this weekend for film called Absolute. With the best of British drama crew at the helm these include.

Production

MATTHEW PATNICK started his career at the BBC, gaining experience on a range of dramas including 'HOLDING ON', 'VANITY FAIR' and 'BETWEEN THE LINES', after setting up and line producing the first series of the hugely successful 'WAKING THE DEAD' Matthew left the BBC and became a freelance Line Producer. He has worked on a variety of high-profile dramas for all the major broadcasters and his credits include 'TEACHERS', 'FINAL DEMAND', 'AUF WIEDERSEHEN, PET' and 'HOTEL BABYLON'.

1st Assistant Director

Marcus Catlin – who has over 20 years experience and has successfully completed ‘SPOOKS’ ‘TOUCH OF FROST’ ‘POIROT’ ‘ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES’ ‘MINDER’ more info here http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0146201/

Photography

Stephen Murphy – Award winning DOP and one of the UK’s brightest talents, who film credits including ‘Hunger’, Commercials Guinness ‘Lenticular’ ‘Perfect Pint’ ‘Timeless’ – Music Carl Carni, Liberty and U2

Music – Gerard Torikian Cesar nominated French Film and TV composer who has worked with Directors Eric Rochant, Dider Flamand, Paolo Barzman on films ‘Un Monde sans Petie’ ‘Les Patriotes’ and ‘La Vis’ Starring actors as Yvan Attal, Kristen Scott Thomas, Charlotte Gainsbourg

Actors

include Birgit Ludwig

We are pleased to announce that acclaimed European actress Birgit Ludwig will be playing the lead actress role for Absolute.

She is a very talented actress and has starred in number of roles including L'Ete Indien by Alain Raoust and Don't Touch The Axe by Jacques Rivette and many more.

More info on the website

Visit My Website

The trailer looks like the movie was shot very beautifully. Stephen Murphy posts here sometimes and I'd love to here his process in photographing this.

The AC looks like hes hiding behind the lens... they don't like there photo to be taken. ;)

Guest Stephen Murphy
The trailer looks like the movie was shot very beautifully. Stephen Murphy posts here sometimes and I'd love to here his process in photographing this.

The AC looks like hes hiding behind the lens... they don't like there photo to be taken. ;)

Hi Rob,

The teaser trailer was photographed by Mark Dawson (who also directed the final movie) so i cant take any credit for that. I think Mark shot that on Xdcam.

The actual short was photographed by yours truly on RED. I've blogged a little about it here.

And here are a few frame grabs to give you a sense of how it looks. Ive gone into more detail on my blog and added some lighting diagrams and a few more frame grabs. Hope this helps,

Edited by Stephen Murphy

• 1 month later...
Guest Stephen Murphy

This Production has posted a Behind the Scenes Featurette for "Absolute" on Vimeo here http://vimeo.com/5666748 featuring plenty of facetime with their dashing young DP:-)

On a slightly more professional note the BTS footage was shot by a filmmaker and photographer named Ed Thomas www.edthomas.net on his Canon 5DMK2 and it looks beautiful - i think he was using nikon prime lenses on the Canon - i was really impressed by how well the canon looked in low light. You can see a 720P version on the Vimeo site as well.

S

Good grief, it's Red not looking like total junk!

How'd I miss this first time round?

P

I love it! Excellent use of the double-negative (correctly too, mind you) to keep a synical attitude and negative vibe whilst actually conferring praise. Brilliant!

Looks nice, but still looks like RED to me.

• 7 months later...