My 'new' 16mm camera has arrived

Luke Hill

Hi everyone,

After lots of research and plenty of trolling around on ebay, I've finally purchased my first 16mm camera! I'd narrowed it down to either the Eclair ACL II or the CP-16R and ended up getting the CP-16R (I got a really good deal).

I'm pretty excited about it. I just got it in from Fedex today and I've already shipped it back out to Bernie at Super 16 to get the Laserbrighten done and to have it converted to Ultra 16. It came with 3 400' Cinema Products magazines and 1 400' Mitchell magazine, an Angenieux 12-120 f2.2 Zoom lens and two batteries.

Anyway, I don't have any photos of it yet as I wanted to get it out to Bernie as quickly as possible, but since this group was instrumental in me learning what I needed to know to make a purchasing decision, I just wanted to share my new acquisition with the group - and say thanks for all the help!

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted once I get it back and start shooting my first rolls of film on it.

In the meantime, if anybody has any tips/suggestions/ recommendations for a new CP owner, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,

Luke

• Premium Member

Congratulations Luke,

I'm not a CP guy so sorry I can't help you there, but I know how exciting it is to get a 16mm motion picture camera.

Best of luck with your shooting.

-Tim