My demo reel in progress

I have yet to receive enough feedback where I know what to modify this first cut. The footage is compiled from 09 and some of 08 as a operator and cinematographer.

I used the same track as Matt Garrett did is his reel, which is radio protector by 65 days of static.

The edit seems to me as too fast at times, too dark and noisy at this point in time. I still have yet to receive many raw HD clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4CWzOACiO8

Thank you

• Premium Member

It's not bad at all. The only part I didn't much like was the karate shooting in the middle. It just kinda stood out too much to the flow of the reel. Aside from that I think it's fine.

Way to frame out the Temple "Ts" ;)

Thanks Adrian,

I agree with the kung fu stuff. The footage is from a documentary yet to begin principle photography, so all I have is B-roll which is not mixing well with the rest of the cut. Looks like it needs more playing around.

• Premium Member

It's a constant struggle, especially with doco footage. I often have trouble fitting in the doco/corporate industrial stuff I do with the narrative/music video stuff. Might be worth while to put it into a 2nd reel for "non fiction," stuff and then a "fiction" reel. It's just one of those things, you know? If i wasn't for me being dog tired 99% of the time I'd constantly be playing 'round with my own reel.

It looks good, though, just needs tweaks.

In the end, too, I'd not put it up on youtube. When you're eventually going to show it to people it speaks more highly, I think, to send them to your own website with your own embedded flash video and/or a down-loadable quicktime.