slowmotion - ex1 - letus

Amarjeet Singh Sadal

any tips and ideas on shutter speeds.

i have heard one might be able to see ground glass texture when over/under exposed with wrong shutter speed.

shooting in a church with ample lighting.

also we are shooting this feature for festivals and dvd release.

what shooting mode would be ideal for this?

i was thinking 25p would do just fine.

any tips and ideas on shutter speeds.

i have heard one might be able to see ground glass texture when over/under exposed with wrong shutter speed.

shooting in a church with ample lighting.

also we are shooting this feature for festivals and dvd release.

what shooting mode would be ideal for this?

i was thinking 25p would do just fine.

which letus are you going to use? the ultimate works fine at all shutter speeds, using the extreme you might see the ground glass using shutter sppeds faster than 1/125

One thing to remember about the EX1/EX3 slow motion is that, unlike a film camera, overcranking does NOT affect shutter speed.

In Slow & Quick Motion recording the sensor operates at 60fps, regardless of the recording frame rate you have selected, or the playback frame rate.

For example, suppose you are shooting at 720/24p without Slow & Quick Motion turned on. That's your playback frame rate. You then turn on S&Q Motion, and set it to 48 fps (the recording frame rate). The camera sensor generates 60 frames, but the camera will drop 12 of those frames, thus recording 48 frames in every second of real time. In playback, it plays 24 frames per second, thus stretching one second of real time into two seconds of playback time - which is exactly what you'd expect.

I hope I have explained that clearly!

--

Jim