FD lenses for super 16

I am currently underway in converting a bolex to super 16. Grinding out the filmgate seems to be the most simple of the entire process and then things get more complicated as the turret has to be remounted.

My question is, if I use canon FD lenses via an adapter, will I have to adjust the lens turret at all, or will the lenses be able to fill the frame without any adjustment.

My lenses are 25mm, 50mm, and 100mm Canon FD lenses.

Thanks.

I am currently underway in converting a bolex to super 16. Grinding out the filmgate seems to be the most simple of the entire process and then things get more complicated as the turret has to be remounted.

My question is, if I use canon FD lenses via an adapter, will I have to adjust the lens turret at all, or will the lenses be able to fill the frame without any adjustment.

My lenses are 25mm, 50mm, and 100mm Canon FD lenses.

Thanks.

Since FD lenses are made for the 35mm format, they will have sufficient coverage for the Super 16 format. Just make sure the lens turret is properly centered as if you were using any type of lenses made for the 16mm/super 16 format and you'll be fine with any 35mm lens (like the FD's)

Yes, the Field of View (FOV), which some people infamously refer to as "crop factor" will change. The FOV of a 25mm lens for 35mm photography used on a S16 camera will be roughly that of a 50mm lens for 16 mm on a 16 mm camera. The depth of field stays the same though.

If all you're planning on using are prime lenses made for 35mm photography, yhen it's not really necessary to shift the optical axis of the lens mount. You'll have plenty of coverage.

Cheers,

Jean-Louis

Fantastic. Thanks for the responses.

Joshua