Everyone Stares: The Police

jason duncan

Hey everyone. I'm not the biggest fan of the Police, but I definitely like a bunch of their radio tunes. I am however a Super 8 freak. And when I heard that Stewart Copeland (the drummer) was releasing a dvd of his first-person account experiences that he shot on his Super 8 while in the band I said why not. Great dvd! This is well worth the cost. Rememeber watching VH1's Behind the Music? That show made acts like Milli Vanilli fun to watch. This was in the days of sound film, so that really adds to the nostalgia. I also thought it was cool that we share the same birthday. Another cool thing is that Spectra Film did all of the telecine, acording to the end credits.

Highlight: for me it was a scene were they are on stage playing live, and Stewart has his camera running on a tripod and he is talking into his camera mic, looking at the camera all the while playing the drums, very cool.

Edited by jason duncan

Im quite young (25) so the police were not really one of the bands I listened to growing up, don't know too much from them other than the most famous numbers - but this dvd sounds amazing. I wonder if its available to rent anywhere, dont really have the cash to buy it but I will look around

thanks for the heads up! :)