Canon 814 & 1014 repair

Gareth Blackstock

I recently purchased an 814 that was "dead on arrival" after buying it off ebay. I figured I had nothing to loose, so proceeded to dismantle it hoping to find the cause. On the way, i thought if a took photos of the procedure, and posted them, they might help another in the same boat. I also included some pics of a 1014 i picked up that was not working, still looking into that one. I did the same procedures on a 1218 i bought a year ago, again, D.O.A, and I got that one going to. If people want to see pics of that, I might be able to dig them too. Anyway, have a look at the website below, might come in handy...

http://canon-s8-repair.yolasite.com/

The good news was, the camera now works great, and if anyone was curious, have a look at the site. If I have made any glaring errors, let me know.

I hope the pictures are useful.

cheers,

gareth blackstock

G'day.

Well I figured as the camera was dead, instead of it being an expensive paperweight, i would give it a go. The process worked when i repaired a 1218 using the same methods...

luckily all went well, the camera works now, just have to replace the lens, will let you know how that goes.

cheers

G'day.

It was suggested I make up some pdf's that people can download from the site. I uploaded two powerpoint presentations, the files are smaller, less than 1mb each, and they are not protected so people can enlarge the pictures if they need to.

I hope people can download and place them on other websites so they might stay online for a long time.

http://canon-s8-repair.yolasite.com/

cheers, Gareth