Regular 16mm Processing Labs

Geovane Marquez

Where can I get the best deal for a student in LA for a 100 ft roll of Color 16mm film? Converted to Mini DV.

Not to call any names but I called a lab and they wouldn't give me a student discount and were charging me like 200 dollars. Sounds like Bull to me...

Thanks guys

Where can I get the best deal for a student in LA for a 100 ft roll of Color 16mm film? Converted to Mini DV.

Not to call any names but I called a lab and they wouldn't give me a student discount and were charging me like 200 dollars. Sounds like Bull to me...

Thanks guys

Try giving Filmworks FX a call. 310-577-3213 http://www.filmworksfx.com/ - I once interned there for a few months, they have good competent people and offer student discounts. Realize that you might not get the best deal with only 100 ft of film, as most labs/transfer houses charge a minimum price for such a short amount of footage. $200 seems a little high for an unsupervised SD transfer of 100ft, but understandable. Price can also vary depending on what telecine machine they use to transfer. Filmworks FX uses an ursa diamond y-front which is pretty good for standard definition transfers. HD transfers cost considerably more. Good luck.

-Elliot