Swapping Konvas body parts

Paul Bruening

• Premium Member

I've asked this a couple times before and got no answer. So, in my usual pattern, I am nagging the forum in hopes of hooking an authoritative answer:

Can you put a 2M's front (front cap including single lens mount) onto a 1M (one that has the spring motor works and governor)?

Thanks in advance for putting up with me.

• Premium Member
So, in my usual pattern, I am nagging the forum in hopes of hooking an authoritative answer:

Can you put a 2M's front (front cap including single lens mount) onto a 1M (one that has the spring motor works and governor)?

Well Paul, I am not going to be authoritative, but I think it will not work. I don't have mine in front of me, but believe the front of the main body casting if the 1M is quite different from the 2M. I suspect the easiest way to do it would be to replace the 1M's turret with a plate that has an OCT19 mount on it. I'll dig around in the garage tomorrow and see if I can find the bodies.

Bruce Taylor

www.indi35.com

I've asked this a couple times before and got no answer. So, in my usual pattern, I am nagging the forum in hopes of hooking an authoritative answer:

Thanks in advance for putting up with me.

If we told about spring motor, you mean of Konvas-1 camera ( KSR-1, KSR-1M ).

Konvas-1M cameras, 1KSR-1M, do not had of spring motor.

The next, Konvas-1 can be a two main versions, made in Krasnogrosk fatory and made in Moskinap.

Konvas-1, Krasnogorsk factory do not compatible with Konvas-1M, 2M cameras.

I had cases about replace of Konvas-2M front panel with OST-19 lens mount on body of Konvas-1M camera.

But, the procedure of replacing included a many additional procedures of grinding of front panel with rear side of body.

The special procedure of centering of front and rear parst of body, because, the lens mount set at front side, but, film gate set at rear side.

That's why, the front and rear side connect by to big pins.

If this questions bery important for you, lety me know of version of Konvas-1 camera and i can take of similar body and front panel of Konvas-2M and anver on your question detailed.

the second question - flange focal distance of lens mount.

The next body will ask of dertailed adjusting of flange focal distance.

And, Konvas-1 have direct viewfinder, Konvas 1M, 2M have rotate viewfinder.

• Premium Member

Hello Olex,

Thank you for your answers. I have been trying to tell the difference between the camaras that you told about. I am not doing well at this. Let me ask this instead- If the body has the housing for a spring motor will it also always have the built-in speed governor?

Hello Olex,

Let me ask this instead- If the body has the housing for a spring motor will it also always have the built-in speed governor?

Spring motor module.

You have Konvas-1 camera , KSR-1, or KSR-1M.

But, i will ask you, what kind of manufacturer ? KMZ or Miskonap ?

You have magazine lock from left or from top ?

• Premium Member
Spring motor module.

You have Konvas-1 camera , KSR-1, or KSR-1M.

But, i will ask you, what kind of manufacturer ? KMZ or Miskonap ?

You have magazine lock from left or from top ?

Sorry, if my question wasn't clear. Let me try again. I was hoping to know a way to know if the round housing (spring motor housing?) on the right side of any Konvas of that type camera meant that it had a governor built into the body.