200T with Minolta XL-401?

Kevin Allen

Hi~

Can anyone tell me how my Minolta XL-401 will read Vision 200T film? Super8 Wiki say it can read up to 100 asa. So, will it overexpose then? I have the auto-exposure dialed down 2/3 a stop already so that it can read 64T correctly, so maybe it's not an issue then and it will be more or less correct?

Will it read correctly as Tungsten balanced too?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Hi~

Can anyone tell me how my Minolta XL-401 will read Vision 200T film? Super8 Wiki say it can read up to 100 asa. So, will it overexpose then? I have the auto-exposure dialed down 2/3 a stop already so that it can read 64T correctly, so maybe it's not an issue then and it will be more or less correct?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

It is supposed to rate tungsten film at 160, which is fine. The camera is an XL model, which has a 220 degree shutter which translates into a 30th of a second. So I would use an external meter and rate it at 100 asa at a 30th and you'll be fine.

Hi~

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

I think that Super 8 Wiki is wrong. It should be able to read the standard 160 Tungsten as Chris suggests, which is close enough for a 200 negative - the slight over-exposure will be fine. I don't think there is a need to use an external meter unless that is your preference.

Rick