Please tell me what you think

adam ward

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=B1KSwNSh1MQ#watch-main-area

this was extremely complicated and i want to see fresh eyes on my operating and if i should put the entire video on my reel

thank you for all your input

This was pretty clever and creative. I would not use the entire video on your reel, just the best parts. There are some problems I would not want people to see. In the beginning there are some flares and soft focus. Not good for a reel. One big problem that arises with Stedicam is balancing the rig is that there is a tendency for the rig to self adjust. In this case, the head room seemed to be a bit of a struggle at times. I would not use any poorly framed segments for your reel. It wasn't terrible in that respect but I did notice it. Some of the time the girl's back was to the camera, you might not want to use that. Just use the best framed, highest production value shots where there is a lot going on in the frame where the background is full and exciting and the girl looks good. Also there are some dark areas that I would stay away from.

This was pretty clever and creative. I would not use the entire video on your reel, just the best parts. There are some problems I would not want people to see. In the beginning there are some flares and soft focus. Not good for a reel. One big problem that arises with Stedicam is balancing the rig is that there is a tendency for the rig to self adjust. In this case, the head room seemed to be a bit of a struggle at times. I would not use any poorly framed segments for your reel. It wasn't terrible in that respect but I did notice it. Some of the time the girl's back was to the camera, you might not want to use that. Just use the best framed, highest production value shots where there is a lot going on in the frame where the background is full and exciting and the girl looks good. Also there are some dark areas that I would stay away from.

thank you for your input Tom. actually the head room inside the house was dictated by all the Kenos strung from the ceiling. I know what you are talking about, it seems like i crowded them... this is something i dont understand about the Red camera. This is not what I framed in my monitor. There was easily 5 to 10 % more room on the day. Is it possible that the "safe zone" in the frameline generator from the camera is not correct? its not the first time i got bit in the ass from this camera.

cheers