Minolta XL 601

Pavan Deep

I am interested in this camer though I don't know much about this it, but I have heard that the lens of this great and it's pretty good for a small compact camera. I have read stuff about adjusting the exposure meter for the 64T film and have heard the speed can be adjusted too, but does anyone know if this camera, [which only runs at 18fps] can be adjusted to run at 24fps instead. Can anyone help?

Thanks

P

I am interested in this camer though I don't know much about this it, but I have heard that the lens of this great and it's pretty good for a small compact camera. I have read stuff about adjusting the exposure meter for the 64T film and have heard the speed can be adjusted too, but does anyone know if this camera, [which only runs at 18fps] can be adjusted to run at 24fps instead. Can anyone help?

Thanks

P

Hey Pav...this is a fantastic camera. It was my first Super 8 cam and I still shoot with it as my "B" camera. It shoots footage that can be edited with footage from my Nizo 801 with little, glaring differences. Small, excellent, FAST lens. It does have manual exposure control, but it's not accurate. Shooting on "auto" exposure yields bests results. It does 18fps, single frame, and it has a cool intervalometer built in to allow time lapse and crazy sped up/blur footage.

I haven't adjusted for 64t and not familiar with the 24fps adjustment, but it's great for Tri-x reversal film. Hope this helps.

Steve