DPs in Italy...

Josell Ramos

I'm prepping a feature action-drama to be shot in Calabria, Italy. I'm in the process of filling the crew list -- missing a top spot -- DP. Are there any Italians (or not) here that know of or have worked with a talented DP in That region or near by? Calabria has some breathless scenery, incredible wides.

Edited by Josell Ramos

hi,

just curious about your film.where you have to shoot?what about the story?digital or film?

i live in milan but i was born in calabria(LAMEZIA TERME).

i know what you means when you talk about the scenery of this region.

i'm a cinematographer.

here you can seen same works:

www.mto5.blogspot.com

but if you search very talent boys with a lot of experience that have worked also in indipendent productions i i can suggest you this names:

gigi martinucci

mario amura

luca coassin

but they are from puglia-rome-milan.

calabria is a land of emigration so you cannot found any cinematographers who lives there.i don't know even any famous cinematographer(with a lot of experience) who was born in calabria.

give me more news.if i can help you(even if i will not the cinematographer)send me an email:

shiny4@hotmail.com

best regards

ivan

I'm prepping a feature action-drama to be shot in Calabria, Italy. I'm in the process of filling the crew list -- missing a top spot -- DP. Are there any Italians (or not) here that know of or have worked with a talented DP in That region or near by? Calabria has some breathless scenery, incredible wides.

Mark Melville is one of the most talented DP's I know. He speaks fluent Italian and English. He can shoot pretty pictures and work within a budget. He's also very fast. He just wrapped a feature in Italy. I believe he lives in Florence. I can get you his number if you wish.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0578496/

Thanks! The film is a feature Thriller Action Drama. Locations in the script are limited to a field house (when we zero in on this location in Calabria) witch some ancillary spots around town. The story is basically a father and son tale -- criminal meets the innocent. Sorry to be so vague, more will be revealed as we dive into pre-production.

Looking at HD digital 2K possibly Red or other. Also looking for a DP that could bring in his crew: gaffer, electric etc. since this is more of a remote local... Crew doesn't have to be from Calabria but should be comfortable adapting to the production location.

I will look into the suggestions above. email you directly. thanks again!

Josell

Mark Melville is one of the most talented DP's I know. He speaks fluent Italian and English. He can shoot pretty pictures and work within a budget. He's also very fast. He just wrapped a feature in Italy. I believe he lives in Florence. I can get you his number if you wish.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0578496/

Josell, I can't find Mark Melville's phone number but his sister's number in Florence is 011.39.055.655.0353 His e-mail is mark35mm@yahoo.com.