Beautiful Chanel Ad by Jeunet

XiaoSu Han

Incredible lighting, especially the moving light is great. Also the dawn photography of the train passing, could that be day for night?

Love the shot where she runs in Istanbul and the birds start to fly...

Pure beauty!

hmmm,

Sure its very competent - the CGI trains are a bit of a jolt out of the dream tho - anyone get the feeling of shorter shutter angles in some of the shoots ? Its hard to tell as you cant noodle about frame by frame in youtube (that I've figured out how to)...

Some of those lost time/jump cuts (?) that work like you're blinking and those speed ramped dolly moves (?) within the same shot remind me of the US version of The Ring - scary !

Playing about with speed in post will give you over and under 180deg shutter angles ;)

This is just from one watch, so I might be wrong but sometimes its helpful to let first impressions run wild

• Premium Member

I always like this sort of thing. The only thing that seems wrong for me, other than the obviously too-fast CG train, is that it's clearly a run from somewhere in France to Istanbul, and nowhere on railway lines in that part of the world will you hear a US-style level crossing bell.

Rather like the frogs that go "ribbit, ribbit" (that only exist in the southwest US) and that particular thunder track, American level crossing bells have become a standard part of the vocabulary of modern film.

Wonder how much you have to pay her to do that ad, though.