Konvas 1m, 15 ncc Motor vill not run. Bad motor? Bad battery?

Niclas Tornblom

I've bought a konvas on beay, and it looks great...but the battery wont spin the shutter...but when i remove the motor from the camera the motor spins slowly...is the motor bad? ( 15 ncc is writen in russia on the motor) or bad battery?I've charged but i dont think its enough power in the battery....i use a 8 volts battery, but it's the same battery from the previous owner and i guess it's to old...

Please help me! darn....!

• Premium Member

Hi Niclas,

I think the first thing I would do would be to measure the voltage with a voltmeter at the battery. A fully charged 8v battery will show about 9v or a little less. If it doesn't, the battery is no good. Might as well buy a new battery for it and test it, though. You'll need 2 batteries if you decide to shoot some footage with it.

Bruce Taylor

www.indi35.com

I've bought a konvas on beay, and it looks great...but the battery wont spin the shutter...but when i remove the motor from the camera the motor spins slowly...is the motor bad? ( 15 ncc is writen in russia on the motor) or bad battery?I've charged but i dont think its enough power in the battery....i use a 8 volts battery, but it's the same battery from the previous owner and i guess it's to old...

Please help me! darn....!

15EPSS motor - analog sync motor of Konvas camera included motor module and power unit module.

Power unit module included system of speed stabilizartion and voltage changer from 8 v to 52 v.

That's why, power unit ask of big current from battery of 8 v.

The piack current can be up to 23 A. That's why, you heed high power battery, 10..16AH.

The original battery NKG 8 v 15 ah.

But, original battery do not available now.

You can have a few versions to choose of battery.

This can be 6 v 12 ah SLA battery, but, you will have speeds up to 24 fps only and speed 24 fps do not will have spare power for good stabilization.

Other idea, to order of upgrade of 15EPSS power unit for 6 v battery, the all speeds will work fine and will have good spare power.

DO NOT USE OF 12V battery, you can burnd down of power unit electronics.

You can connect of 6 v 10..15 Ah SLA battery for test of 15EPSS motor.

The speed 16 FPS and less must be sych correct.

You need disconnect of motor from camera, connect battery , to set of switch of speed on 16 fps and run of motor.

And, if you press on manual handle rotation of motor, the speed of motor do not must change.

If the speed of rottaion will change, power electronic broken and need repair.

15EPSS power unit have varuiable resistors for adjust of every speed.

If the variable resistor set on wrong posintion, the speed will have other value, but, the stabilization of speed must be.

15EPSS motor - analog sync motor of Konvas camera included motor module and power unit module.

Power unit module included system of speed stabilizartion and voltage changer from 8 v to 52 v.

That's why, power unit ask of big current from battery of 8 v.

The piack current can be up to 23 A. That's why, you heed high power battery, 10..16AH.

The original battery NKG 8 v 15 ah.

But, original battery do not available now.

You can have a few versions to choose of battery.

This can be 6 v 12 ah SLA battery, but, you will have speeds up to 24 fps only and speed 24 fps do not will have spare power for good stabilization.

Other idea, to order of upgrade of 15EPSS power unit for 6 v battery, the all speeds will work fine and will have good spare power.

DO NOT USE OF 12V battery, you can burnd down of power unit electronics.

You can connect of 6 v 10..15 Ah SLA battery for test of 15EPSS motor.

The speed 16 FPS and less must be sych correct.

You need disconnect of motor from camera, connect battery , to set of switch of speed on 16 fps and run of motor.

And, if you press on manual handle rotation of motor, the speed of motor do not must change.

If the speed of rottaion will change, power electronic broken and need repair.

15EPSS power unit have varuiable resistors for adjust of every speed.

If the variable resistor set on wrong posintion, the speed will have other value, but, the stabilization of speed must be.

Thanks Olex! Very helpfull!

I've tryied with a 8 volt with 3.2 amp hr. So Ampere is not enough here?! This battery is called Power ps sonic Model ps - 832, and was shipped with the camera with a charger...I've tryied to use it for the camera but it seems that the battery isn't strong enough... when i connenct the battery with the motor, the motor is spining about, 1 frame per second on 24 fps. and it doesnt spin at all in the camera, the camera is just making a buzzing noise...

So, should i get a 6 volt battery with 12 AH, and the camera should work ok on 16 fps? Any ideas how to suply enough of power to run 24fps, with out upgrading the motor?

thanks