Did anyone see this?

James Steven Beverly

War of the Worlds.... $300 my a**!!! :lol:

Dude, you git some friends to do this s^it for free, it is TOTALLY possible to get it done for $300 bucks, 'course that assumes you own all the equipment and software to do the job and the talent to pull it off. Some of the tests we did for The Black Sky was at least as good as elements of this stuff and those were totally free, done with Lightwave 7.5, Photoshop, After Effects and Maya. Also remember this is URUGUAY!!! $300 bucks is more that a YEAR"S average salary in which is 4150 Uruguay pesos or 213 USD. $300 bucks is a HELL of a lot of money in Uruguay. B)

Edited by James Steven Beverly

Dude, you git some friends to do this s^it for free, it is TOTALLY possible to get it done for $300 bucks, 'course that assumes you own all the equipment and software to do the job and the talent to pull it off. B)

Exactly!... and all that cost more than $300 ;)

Exactly!... and all that cost more than $300 ;)

MAYBE the guy has been doing commercials and paid work for years and the software and equipment has already paid for it's self many times over, in WHICH case, it is ALSO free, that could leave production costs at......wait for it.........$300 DOLLARS!!!!! I SINCERELY doubt he bought all this software (which looks like later versions of Maya and/or Lightwave, MAYBE 3D Studio Max, After Effects, Matchmover and Photoshop) plus a computer powerful enough to render the particle effects, radiosity lighting and model work and/or built a render farm, a descent video camera and the lighting equipment JUST for this video, although it IS possible!! B)

MAYBE the guy has been doing commercials and paid work for years and the software and equipment has already paid for it's self many times over, in WHICH case, it is ALSO free, that could leave production costs at......wait for it.........$300 DOLLARS!!!!!

When you are busting your butt working to pay for your equipment... you pay it off... then use it on a freebie... that does (not) make it free... he paid with years of work and hustle to pay that stuff off (if that is the way it happened). Believe me I know.. I have a lot of equipment and for the most part it is all paid off but I do not look at the fact that I can use it tomorrow for 'free' as actually 'free'... I paid it off with blood, sweat and a ton of marketing... and that (wasn't) free. This kinda reminds me of the shell game going on with, dare I say it.... here it comes... healthcare. Saying this was done for $300 is called cooking the books.

Lesson #1... ain't nothing free!