Les Bosher Super 16mm Conversions

Joshua Hill

Wondering if anyone knows anything, good or bad, about Mr. Bosher's work -- either through personal experience or second hand experience. I've searched the forum's and his name comes up a bit, but I can't find anything definitive about his Super16mm conversions.

I recently bought an Eclair ACL 1.5 and I'm giving serious thought to having Brian O'Doherty convert it to Ultra16mm, though I've noticed -- when converted from GBP to dollars -- Les' Super16mm conversion comes in at only $100 more than Brian's Ultra16mm conversion.

It's tempting as hell to ship my camera off to England for conversiom.

Any thoughts/etc.?

Wondering if anyone knows anything, good or bad, about Mr. Bosher's work -- either through personal experience or second hand experience. I've searched the forum's and his name comes up a bit, but I can't find anything definitive about his Super16mm conversions.

I recently bought an Eclair ACL 1.5 and I'm giving serious thought to having Brian O'Doherty convert it to Ultra16mm, though I've noticed -- when converted from GBP to dollars -- Les' Super16mm conversion comes in at only $100 more than Brian's Ultra16mm conversion.

It's tempting as hell to ship my camera off to England for conversiom.

Any thoughts/etc.?

I got my eclair upgraded to ultra16 by Bernie O'doherty

I assume we're talking about the same person?

Anyways he did a great job on it, and he really knows what he is doing.

Id say dont ship your camera to England save your money and go with Bernie

I got my eclair upgraded to ultra16 by Bernie O'doherty

I assume we're talking about the same person?

Anyways he did a great job on it, and he really knows what he is doing.

Id say dont ship your camera to England save your money and go with Bernie

Yes, that was my bad. I was thinking Bernie and wrote Brian instead (because I was looking at other forums at the same time and names got mixed around in my head).

The thing is, for 100 dollars more than Bernie's Ultra16 conversion, I have a Super16 conversion from Les, and I'm really curious about the quality of HIS work, since it would ultimately mean a better value for the money and more options in processing/transfer.

Yes, that was my bad. I was thinking Bernie and wrote Brian instead (because I was looking at other forums at the same time and names got mixed around in my head).

The thing is, for 100 dollars more than Bernie's Ultra16 conversion, I have a Super16 conversion from Les, and I'm really curious about the quality of HIS work, since it would ultimately mean a better value for the money and more options in processing/transfer.

oh I missed that part about getting super16 for only a 100 more

Well I never seen any of les boshers work so I cant help you there

it does seem like a good deal?

Bernie does do great work though

I'll put another good word in for Les. He hasn't done a S16 conversion for me, but he aligned the ground glass on my Beauleu R16, collimated some lenses for me, and my recently aquired NPR is with him for a service and general TLC.

In fact I was in touch with him by email earlier on today - I've not had problems reaching him that way in the past. A very nice gentleman whose work I can't fault.