Beautiful Custom Front Boxes

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Just throwing this out there for curiosity, but how much would some of you assistants pay for something like this? Thanks.

Personally, I built my own. If I were to buy one, I feel like somewhere in the realm of $150 would be fair for something well thought out and in a plain hardwood like oak or maple.

• Premium Member
I build them all the time including for other ACs. I don't think $150 is ever fair since the bracket along costs that much.... Now if the bracket isn't included..

~Marque

I bought the bracket from studio depot for $45. Filmtools has them for $53. You're saying that $100 isn't a more than fair price for a wooden box? It's not like frontboxes are rocket science. They could be the subject for 8th grade shop class beside a recipe card box for your mum.

To be honest Keith, with the cost of the bracket, cost of the exotic woods we use, and the hours put into them, $150 would not even break even. If it was an extremely simple design, cheaper wood's(maple or such as you said) and sold without the bracket, possibly $150.

Our boxes are designed for the assistant who want's the best. Obviously for someone like you, who has the knowledge and resources to build your own, it's not something you would see yourself spending the money on. I guess I am asking those that are interested in a quality product more beautiful than the rest.

Yes, our front boxes are going to get beat up on the set after years of use. But with the woods and the amount of penetrating oil we are using, these will keep their shape and color for many years more than you would expect. Also, a simple rub down with some high-grit sand paper and a couple new coats of Danish Oil, it will hold it's original quality for years.

We will be manufacturing a simpler front box at a reduced, competitive price, but for those that want the marriage of beauty and function along side their camera, these are the boxes to buy.

Any comments on the product or price are encouraged and welcome.