anamorphic lenses for KINOR 35H

daniel mahlknecht

Hi,

I just bought a Kinor 35H, and am now looking for anamorphic lenses for it.

I'm not sure if I can get round fronts for an afordable price, and would tend to buy sqare fronts, but not all of them seem to fit the Kinor.

I'm also thinking of an FOTON Zoom http://cgi.ebay.de/Zoom-lens-FOTON-3-5-37-...=item518f9d10a8 and a rear anamorphic atachment http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT , of course mounts would have to be changed to OKT19 or PL.

thanks

Daniel

Hi,

I just bought a Kinor 35H, and am now looking for anamorphic lenses for it.

I'm not sure if I can get round fronts for an afordable price, and would tend to buy sqare fronts, but not all of them seem to fit the Kinor.

I'm also thinking of an FOTON Zoom http://cgi.ebay.de/Zoom-lens-FOTON-3-5-37-...=item518f9d10a8 and a rear anamorphic atachment http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT , of course mounts would have to be changed to OKT19 or PL.

thanks

Daniel

Kinor-35 H camera have OST-19-144 lens mount, but, have more high limitation of distance between rear glass of lens and surface of film.

The lenses of Kinor-35 must have ths distance 19 mm.

The simialr lenses with OST-19-144 of Konvas camera can have simialr distance 13.5 mm.

That why, donot all lenses with OST-19 lens mount can be compatible with Kinor-35 H camera.

Kinor-35 H, at factory set had prime anamoprhic lenses with round front glass

35 BAS-27-1 35 mm

35 BAS-22-2 50 mm

35 BAS- 23-2 75 mm

zoom lens 35 OPF-18-1A 40-240 mm.

At special order, Kinor-35H can be delivery with additional prime lenses

35 BAS 26-1 22 mm

35 BAS -25-1 100mm

35 BAS 2-2 150 mm

About anamoprhic lenses with square front glass, i recommed to ask of real users of Kinor-35H camera about compatible of this type of lenses with camera. I do not sure.

Foton zoom lens had original version with OST-18 lens mount.

You can see similar version at first URL.

But, I know a few version of factory made OST-19 lens mounts of Foton zoom lens.

This is OST-19 lens mounts compatible with Kinor-35 H camera and you can use of Foton at spherical version without problem.

About Foton zoom lens with rear anamoprhic adapter and Kinor-35H camera, i do not sure.

Because, as of my point of view, the rear anamoprhic adapter A-3 have big size and can touch of protective cone inside of Kinor-35 lens mount.

You need ask of guys, who had practical experience to install Foton+A3 adapter to Kinor-35H.

I do not have of similar experience.

Foton zoom lens can have front anamorphic adapter, Foton-A.

As for me, If you have Kinor-35H camera, The better, ifyou will have anamoprhic lenses with round front glass too.

I guess I will look for round fronts then.

If somebody is selling some of them I'm interested. They should have their original OCT19 mount, as I have not the money for PL Versions, also because I would then have to cange all the mounts on my spherical lense on my KINOR and the Konvas M2 too.

I'm eventually also looking for a Zoom, but I'm more interested in primes.

thanks

Daniel

They come up on e-bay fairly regularly. The RED guys have pushed the price through the roof and they now average about 1700 a lens. The 50mm and 75mm are fairly common. 35mm is more rare. the 100 and 150mm are rare as Hell and expensive, 2500 or more each. A 75mm can be converted to a 100 and 150mm but you don't save any money. The main advantage is the converted lenses are available, where as original versions are not. You should be able to use an OCT-18 to OCT-19 adapter with the Foton zoom and rear anamorphic adapter set up, which costs about 100 bucks for the mount adapter. Rafcamera manufactures and sells them on an on -demand basis. You can also have an OCT-19 mount put on an OCT-18 Foton zoom wich runs about 300 bucks.

Edited by James Steven Beverly

The good idea to compare of price of LOMO anamoprhic lens with similar lens of other brand name.

You can see diffeeent.

Note.

Sergey Kravchenko propose of a set of round front anamorphic prime lenses a some time ago.

The set included one or two front anamorphic round front glass parts and a few rear spherical lens parts.

You need connect of front part with rear spherical lens part and you have anamorphic prime lens.

If you need lens with other angele of view, you need change of rear spherical lens part only.

The rear component can have modernt type of spherical lens with more high speed.

I think, this can be good choose for low budger project.

Thanks for your answers.

has anyone actually shot with an anamorphic FOTON Zoom and compared it to the roundfront primes or other Zooms?

It ia a lot ceaper than the other lenses, does this mean a lot less image quality or yust less speed and smaller zoomrange (and more flaring because or the square anamorphic adapter)?

Would the FOTON fit the KINOR 35H also with the rear anamorphic adapter? I heared different opinions on this.

Regarding the idea to use the round anamorphic lens part of a round front Prime lens, and put it in front of a other modern sperical prime lens, does this really work, or did I understand it wrong.

thanks

Daniel

has anyone actually shot with an anamorphic FOTON Zoom and compared it to the roundfront primes or other Zooms?

I had real test shoots Konvas-2M with Foton Zoom lens with front anamorphic adapter Foton-A and roundfront LOMO prime lenses BAS 35 mm, 50, 75, 100, 150, 500,

Roundfront BAS better.

BAS have better quality of image, more high resolution.

Regarding the idea to use the round anamorphic lens part of a round front Prime lens, and put it in front of a other modern sperical prime lens, does this really work, or did I understand it wrong.

I wish underline.

We told about special kit of front part of roundfront prime LOMO lens ( front anamorphic adapter )

and special rear part with spherical optical block inside.

The rear part with spherical optical block do not similar of spherical prime lens, because, the spherical prime lens have focusing mechanism.

The rear part can be use with front part only.

The standard prime lens can't be use with front anamorphic part.

I think, you mix of idea of prime anamorphic LOMO lenses NAS series of 70 years.

This is lenses had two separately body, front anamorphic adaper with focusing mechanism and rear

part with spherical lens and aperture control.

The front and rear parts connect at special support on camera before shooting.

The front and rear parts of roundfront prime LOMO lens of modern design have body with hard mount and show like common body. That's why, this is lens have high optical characteristics, better fron NAS series.

If we will compare of square and roundfront prime LOMO anamorphic lenses, this is lenses have different optical scheme and different principle focusing.

Roundfront lenses have revolving front component at focusing and hard common body, thats' why, this is type of lenses have better ( resolution, contrast ) optical characteristics.