Tough Rolux

I am going to be gelling some overhead fluos in a conference/meeting room this week. The room is used for a very particular type of video conference. I was called in to work on it because currently the people on camera are getting blown out by the overhead lighting.

For a mockup, I silked the ceiling with what amounted to about 2 layers of gridcloth and that gave a VERY nice look to the light and softened everything wonderfully. But firecode won't allow it because it blocked the sprinklers.

So I bought a roll of Rosco Tough Rolux with the idea that I'd use a sheet of plexi in the fixtures with the rolux attached to each sheet. I was just wondering how much light I am probably going to lose this way and the Rosco site was of no help.

(and no I am not going to only use overhead lighting. I ordered two dimmable flou fixtures that will be affixed at the front of the room to give some shape to the faces.)

Thanks in advance.

-P

If you need to know before you get the product data, you could put a light through it and meter it or use a camera

to measure what you have for a stop with and without any diffusion.

Yea, that's where I am going to be it seems. Nothing like just putting a meter on it. Kinda makes me mad that Rosco don't just say what it is. I don't particularly care, I'd just like to know in advance if I am going to have to re-bulb.

Do the overhead fixtures have a frame and some type of diffuser? Cracked Ice, honeycomb, grid?? Why not remove all the existing frames and attach your diff to them, using paper tape? Certainly cheaper than having a plexi cut to fit.