Loading A Bolex H8 M5

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could provide a brief description about how to load a Bolex H16 M5 using the 400 ft mag reel. I know that the camera is somewhat self loading in that after the film is properly loaded into the mag the end that's hanging out of it will automatically be threaded through the camera. Just looking for any input from anyone that has any experience with this particular model. Thank you!

Edited by Andy Thomas

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could provide a brief description about how to load a Bolex H16 M5 using the 400 ft mag reel. I know that the camera is somewhat self loading in that after the film is properly loaded into the mag the end that's hanging out of it will automatically be threaded through the camera. Just looking for any input from anyone that has any experience with this particular model. Thank you!

If you are loading the mag while it is attached to the camera you can use the auto-threading feature but if you're loading mags by themselves you can't really use the auto-threading as the head leader will already have been anchored to the mag's take-up core. The loop must be set manually. You can use the loop formers as a way to measure the size of the loop however.

A full instruction booklet is available for download at:

http://www.apecity.com/manuals/

Just click on Bolex 400ft Magazine

Cheers,

Jean-Louis