f23/35 accessory power connectors

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone knows if the 12v and 24v accessory power output connectors on the Sony f23 and f35 are Arri standard fisher connectors and pin-outs. I've looked at the f35 manual, and it doesn't say specifically that they are fisher plugs. Any help?

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone knows if the 12v and 24v accessory power output connectors on the Sony f23 and f35 are Arri standard fisher connectors and pin-outs. I've looked at the f35 manual, and it doesn't say specifically that they are fisher plugs. Any help?

You won't get 24v out unless it is supplied from the battery. As the CineTape inputs are either, the 3 pin will not supply 12v.

You won't get 24v out unless it is supplied from the battery. As the CineTape inputs are either, the 3 pin will not supply 12v.

Can you clarify this for me William? The 3-pin out will only feed 24v out to the cinetape if a 24v power source is powering the camera. If the camera is being fed by a 12v source, like an AB batt, then the 11-pin out will be active and can feed the cinetape, right? The cinetape can input 24v or 12v.

I ordered both 3 pin and 11 pin cables for the cinetape just to be safe.

Edited by John Waterman

Can you clarify this for me William? The 3-pin out will only feed 24v out to the cinetape if a 24v power source is powering the camera. If the camera is being fed by a 12v source, like an AB batt, then the 11-pin out will be active and can feed the cinetape, right? The cinetape can input 24v or 12v.

I ordered both 3 pin and 11 pin cables for the cinetape just to be safe.

As in the Genesis, they use batteries that supply both 12 and 24 volts to the body. They do this for their accessories, which are all 24v, ie. zoom motors. So, if a F35 is not supplied with both voltages, 12 for the body and 24 for the acc, then the 3 pin Fischer is not powered at all. There is not a step up transformer in the body. Your 11 pin will be fine to power your Cine Tape. You can always use the extra 3 pin connector you ordered for the CT side of the cable.

Bill

• Premium Member
As in the Genesis, they use batteries that supply both 12 and 24 volts to the body. .... There is not a step up transformer in the body.

This is all DC. Transformers only work with AC. You can regulate 24 VDC down to 12 if you really have to, though it's inefficient. Stepping DC up requires more circuitry than is economically practical.

-- J.S.

This is all DC. Transformers only work with AC. You can regulate 24 VDC down to 12 if you really have to, though it's inefficient. Stepping DC up requires more circuitry than is economically practical.

-- J.S.

Not really that uneconomical for this camera or this manufacturer, it just doesn't have one.

Edited by William Coss