Matching LETUS & PS TECHNIK adapters on set

Jerry Franck

Hey guys,

I have a shoot coming up with an HVX200+Letus35+Ultra Primes.

On one of the days we have a 3 camera setup and because we couldn't get two other letus' we rented 2 ps technik mini 35 adapters. The 2 additional cameras are still gonna be HVX200's and the lenses will still be Ultra Primes.

But, what do I need to watch out for in terms of matching the 3 camera's looks?

Does the ps technik give the hvx a completely different look than the camera with the letus?

Or is it just a matter of using same glass and same settings in the hvx?

Thanks for letting me know...

Best,

Jerry

Jerry

Perhaps you can be the best judge from this audition clip which was a three-camera shoot, basically for the exercise.

http://exposureroom.com/members/DARANGULAF...ed66d180457613/

The P+S Technik Mini35-400 and Letus Extreme were used on Sony Z1s for the OTS and reverse. A SI2K was used for the wide.

Each operator was pulling focus and it is not all that good.

The Letus had a wider view of the groundglass so a longer lens was used to match as closely as we could the frame of both cameras.

• Premium Member

The ultras will match well so you should shoot the same greycard with each camera under the same light. Try to expose it exactly the same each time. That can be used to determine the color correction needed to match them up. Basically you'll correct B and C cameras to match A. Then, the filter to correct them can be copied and applied to all footage from that particular camera so you have a matched baseline.

Edited by Chris Keth