Going to Shanghai

Adrian Sierkowski

• Premium Member

not sure how many of your cine.com folk are out there in Shanghai, but I figured since I'll be in the metro area from the 9th or so till around the 14th of this month, I'd love to try to meet up with anyone who is. I'm going to help out with an art project as well as to visit some friends who've moved over there to teach english, so any of you folk's from Shanghai, drop me a line or an e mail and let's get some coffee/tea!

For everyone else, speak to you all in about a week.

• Premium Member

Have arrived safe and sound to Shanghai, and I have to say for anyone who is looking to see some very beautiful locations, look no further. I went to a place called Old Town last night with some friends of mine, and what it is is the original core of a city which has now been added to Shanghai. The core remains as the old architectural style and mounts a small little canal and tiny alley ways open out to small squares as your nose is inundated with smells that, for better or worse, you can't forget. What was most beautiful, though were the lights. It was evening by the time we got here and the temples with their reddish orange paint were s[plashed with vibrant green flood lights and the walkways were covered in yellowed rope lights everywhere. This warm, yellow-white light, so soft, really held peoples faces moving from lightness to dark by the shops. And of course, as I walked through there I couldn't help but get a bit ticked off that my digital still camera was sitting back in Philadelphia with a screwed up lens!

Adrian,

I had the pleasure of spending a week in Shanghai a couple of years ago for a commercial. Be sure to hit up the outdoor market on Dong Tai Road, near Xizang Nan Road. And of course check out the Bund. There is a great rooftop bar,if its still there, on the Bund called Rouge.

Have a great trip. Shanghai is awesome.

Tim