Lighting kit for working with young people

I'm doing an educational project with a group of teenagers and young adults, and am considering lighting options. They'll be shooting a mixture of doc and fiction footage, both indoors and outdoors. I'm looking for a portable 3 lamp setup for around $1,500 (1,000 UKP).

I was initailly considering getting some Arri Fresnals, but I'm worried about the heat from a safety perspective. Are there fluorescent lights or LED lights that would work well at the price?

Safety, both respect of electricity and heat should be taught before their first hands-on. LED won't substitute for fresnels. You should be able to pickup a used lights within your budget. You won't be able to buy Kino(s) or look alikes for your budget either. A mix of open face and fresnels would be best. Don't forget grip equipment, clamps, flags, nets, gels, foamcore, beadboard, show card, duvetyn, etc.

Hello Mmoloki Chrystie,

Both Flourescent and LED lights are good for shooting purpose. Available more lighting Products like LED Interior bulb, 36 LED PAR30 Bulb, LED Portable Worklight and some of the fluorescent lights are Fluorescent Worklight, Fluorescent Shoplight, Fluorescent Deluxe Floodlight and more. Sure this will help you a lot.

Thanks