Canon 814 XL electronic

Pavan Deep

It might be silly, but I want to know if it's possible to change the speed of the Canon 814 XL electronic from 18 fps to 24fps or even 25fps. I think the only drawback with this camera seems to be that it hasn't got 24 fps. I have read up on this camera and it was Canon's successor to the Canon 814 Autozoom Electronic with some modifications to the lens, XL shutter and has some extra facilities, but for some reason the 24 fps speed was dropped.

I used to have a Bauer C500XLM which only ran at single frame 18 fps and 36 fps, [i know it's a completely different camera] but I was able to get inside it and change the speed internally by turning a little'Potentiometer'. So every time I switched the camera to 18 fps it would run at 24 fps instead. I determind the 24 fps speed by pointing the camera at a CRT television and looked through the gate until the strobing became smooth [not an exact method of determing speed]. The footage from the camera was smooth when I'd watch it on the projector at 24 fps and each 50 feet of film would run for the usual time about two and a half minutes. I have been wondering if I could do something similar with this Canon camera. Has anyone tried this, or even opened this camera which looks very complicated?

Has anyone got a repair manual for this camera or does anyone know how to open it?

Thanks

P

• 3 weeks later...