super 16mm trailer using 14 year out of date Vision 250D

• 3 weeks later...
Cut a little trailer to a self financed feature im making over the course of a year.. The stock is from 1994..Kodak vision 250D shot on Ari SR2

http://www.vimeo.com/10632129

Reminds me of chicks on speed. looking interesting so far.

HOWEVER I'm really curious about Saturno. It's obvously very Kenneth Anger (Inaugaration of the pleasure dome at least) and the Mirror face thing is a lift from Maya Deren. It may be the title that is making me think Sun Ra but what is really bugging me is the font. I cant work out what you are referancing there. Pink Narcissus maybe? Pasolini? It's bugging me! Please tell me!

Where did you get so many laser discs? Psycho! :)

This film is fantastic until about 34 seconds in, after which there is a bit too much detail. Maybe not enough smoke!?? It seems to get a little better at 1:16 but never really finds the magic of the first 34 seconds again. I like this film a lot although I'm not convinced of the power of the laser discs. Sorry.

How did you light the bubbles? What Fuji Eterna stock is it exactly?

I think you are on an interesting path with both films but as Ken Keesey sugested, you need to go further! :)

love

Freya

Reminds me of chicks on speed. looking interesting so far.

HOWEVER I'm really curious about Saturno. It's obvously very Kenneth Anger (Inaugaration of the pleasure dome at least) and the Mirror face thing is a lift from Maya Deren. It may be the title that is making me think Sun Ra but what is really bugging me is the font. I cant work out what you are referancing there. Pink Narcissus maybe? Pasolini? It's bugging me! Please tell me!

Where did you get so many laser discs? Psycho! :)

This film is fantastic until about 34 seconds in, after which there is a bit too much detail. Maybe not enough smoke!?? It seems to get a little better at 1:16 but never really finds the magic of the first 34 seconds again. I like this film a lot although I'm not convinced of the power of the laser discs. Sorry.

How did you light the bubbles? What Fuji Eterna stock is it exactly?

I think you are on an interesting path with both films but as Ken Keesey sugested, you need to go further! :)

love

Freya

where did Ken Keesey suggest anything? cheers for the feedback. eterna 500T it is. I wanna make another one. ITs hard getting people to give time tho,