Multiple Exposures

Jeff Drakumm

I recently bought a Canon 1014 Electronic because it had the multiple exposure function. It turns out that you can only do it 1 time. Does anyone know of a way to do multiple in camera exposures with this camera or know of any other camera that can do more than 1 exposure overlap? I've heard of a guy who did 27 multiple exposures in camera.

I recently bought a Canon 1014 Electronic because it had the multiple exposure function. It turns out that you can only do it 1 time. Does anyone know of a way to do multiple in camera exposures with this camera or know of any other camera that can do more than 1 exposure overlap? I've heard of a guy who did 27 multiple exposures in camera.

I think your format then is Single-8, Double 8 or Double Super 8, but definitely not Super8. You would be able to rewind the film with no limits.

Sorry I should be more specific. The camera I have will backwind 1 time to do a multiple exposure. Im looking for a camera that can backwind multiple times on the same set of frames. I know the BEAULIEU 4008 ZM2 has a manual backwinding function with a addon knob, but can it backwind over the same frames multiple times? Does anyone know of any other cameras that can backwind?

• Premium Member
Sorry I should be more specific. The camera I have will backwind 1 time to do a multiple exposure. Im looking for a camera that can backwind multiple times on the same set of frames. I know the BEAULIEU 4008 ZM2 has a manual backwinding function with a addon knob, but can it backwind over the same frames multiple times? Does anyone know of any other cameras that can backwind?

I think the Single-8 Fujica camera with single-8 cartridge was made to rewind and reshoot. Super-8 cartridges can only go backwards about 10 seconds. However I do not know whether 18 frames per second (180 frames) or 24 frames per second (240 frames) is being used to determine the 10 seconds.

If your project is ending up on video you could consider doing your super-imposition in the editing stage.

The 50-foot cartridge limits any S8 camera's ability to backwind.

The 200-footer allowed unlimited backwinding, but the only camera that could do this was the Nizo 6080. All the other cameras had limited backwind and as part of the dissolve feature only.

If the 1014E limits you to a one-time backwind, try either turning it off between multiple exposures or removing the batteries. That should clear any restrictions.

BTW, the silent 1014s have all sorts of undocumented features-- more than the sound version.