Kodachrome - What are the best lenses to film on k-25

Hello,

I want to film on Kodachrome 25 this summer and I've heard that the Kern Lenses are ideal for the Kodachrome films, because of the coating and the color balance and contrast. Some say, that Kern lenses were especially optimated for kodachrome.

Is that true ?

I like Cooke Speed Panchro better (for negative film) and I'm not sure what I should do.

What do you think ? What would you do to get best results ?

I don't like to test it before, because I haven't got enough film stock any more . . .

Michael

Hi i dont know about the Bolex/Kern lenses but i would think your main problem is getting the Kodachrome processed !!

Dwayne's Photo should be able to process Kodachrome movie film until December 2010. http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/

Just use quality lenses for your shoot. I shot some S16mm Kodachrome 40 with an ARRI SR3 and a Canon Super 16mm lens, and the colors popped off the screen. Then I shot a roll on my Bolex and some old lenses and it was soft and washed out looking in comparison.

Edited by Steve Zimmerman

Just use quality lenses for your shoot. I shot some S16mm Kodachrome 40 with an ARRI SR3 and a Canon Super 16mm lens, and the colors popped off the screen. Then I shot a roll on my Bolex and some old lenses and it was soft and washed out looking in comparison.

Thank you for your answer.

I haven't got so much lenses, most of it are older oder even very old lenses.

I have some Kern Lenses, some Schneider Cinegon C-Mount lenses or Cooke Speed Panchro. What about Zeiss Lenses (Distagon 16 mm or 24 mm, non T*) with Arri Standard ?

Are they better than the other lenses ?

Or should I better use some never lenses like Master prime or Cooke S4 ?

I think, the kodachrome looks a little bit 'old' , doesn't it ?

Thanks

Michael

Edited by Michael Schroers