Delrin gears and step up rings for still lenses

Hello,

I have a set of still lenses (Zeiss ZFs) and I want to modify them a bit for cine use. My question is where can I find those delrin gears everyone is talking about and If I get them is there a special technique or machine needed to attach them to the lens ?

Some lens service and repair shops also put some step up rings in front on the lenses to make them all the same diameter. Can I find said step up rings or are they custom made for each lens ?

Thanks

• Premium Member
Hello,

I have a set of still lenses (Zeiss ZFs) and I want to modify them a bit for cine use. My question is where can I find those delrin gears everyone is talking about and If I get them is there a special technique or machine needed to attach them to the lens ?

Some lens service and repair shops also put some step up rings in front on the lenses to make them all the same diameter. Can I find said step up rings or are they custom made for each lens ?

Thanks

The best are custom made, try Duclos.

OK what about delrin gears, can I order them from somewhere?

I've tried to order them before but Duclos needs to custom fit them to the lens so, if you don't want to send them in, your other best option is the cinevate gear.cinevate You have to also order the correct spoke.

here's the lengths for zf's:

28mm, circumference 8", spoke length 5/8" - nylon tipped.

35mm. circumference 8",s poke length 5/8" - nylon tipped.

50mm, circumference 8", spoke length 5/8" - nylon tipped.

85mm, circumference 9", spoke length 5/8".

100mm, circumference 9.5", spoke length 1/2".

Also the step up rings that you should get are 77mm. This gives you an outside diameter of 80mm which fits nicely into a mattebox and means that you can buy one set of 77mm filters.

Regards,

Shane.

Edited by Shane Kelly