5D MKII news

Emanuel A Guedes

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/16/movies/16hellman.html?ref=movies

«... the entire film was shot on what is essentially a still camera (the Canon 5D Mark II), while looking like a mega-million Hollywood production. (“Road” cost “under five million,” Mr. Gaydos said.)

“The great thing about this camera is you don’t need permits because no one knows you’re shooting,” said Mr. Hellman, who as a 10-year-old made his first photographic enlarger out of a soup can and a cigar box. “It has the capability of shooting high-def movies. On a little flash card. You can shoot 12 minutes at a time. Which is still more than you could shoot on 35 millimeter; a 35 millimeter reel is 10 minutes. It’s fantastic. And it looks like a still camera.” He said another film at Cannes was shot with the same kind of camera, “but they started shooting in December, and we started in July, so I guess we’re the first.”»

16hellman2popup.jpg

this is great news for the HDSLR community

it's hard to understand a few things from the article

like:

why did you decide to go with the 5D MKII?

WHAT WAS THE BUDGET?

HOW DID IT WORK FOR YOU ON SET AND AT THE POST?

WHO IS THE DP?

PLAESE ANY INFO WILL BE GREAT:)

SO THE MOVIE IS ON THE OFFICAL COMPATION?

IF SO I WHISH YOU ALL THE BEST AND LUCK

RAM

this is great news for the HDSLR community

it's hard to understand a few things from the article

like:

why did you decide to go with the 5D MKII?

WHAT WAS THE BUDGET?

HOW DID IT WORK FOR YOU ON SET AND AT THE POST?

WHO IS THE DP?

PLAESE ANY INFO WILL BE GREAT:)

SO THE MOVIE IS ON THE OFFICAL COMPATION?

IF SO I WHISH YOU ALL THE BEST AND LUCK

RAM

Did the cat stand on your caps lock halfway through your post? or did you just get really excited suddenly?

Edited by Mathew Rudenberg

• Premium Member

Are you talking about it here because it is banned from the lexicon of the RED forum now?

It's funny how the latest Revolution is a non topic over there. You can only describe other cameras that are more expensive & inferior in their opinion.

It's interesting how bringing a camera to market without a big fuss sells can sell 5000 a week, whereas the hyped 3K for 3K camera still is not available.

• Premium Member

It's funny how the latest Revolution is a non topic over there. You can only describe other cameras that are more expensive & inferior in their opinion.

It's interesting how bringing a camera to market without a big fuss sells can sell 5000 a week, whereas the hyped 3K for 3K camera still is not available.

Jim must be feeling pretty sick about now.

Oh that's right, he is...

"Jim will be on a leave of absence for health reasons for one month".:rolleyes:

Apart from the fact that people are using these cheapo cameras and getting more than acceptable results, they're also recording in MPEG4 format with all its alleged baked-in surprises.

Actually on that subject I've just been looking at the digital terrestrial 3-D HDTV test transmissions that started here today. They use MPEG4 to fit two 1920 x 1080 images into the same spectrum space that would be required for a single 1920 x 1080 MPEG2 transmission. From what I've seen so far the transmission quality is superb.

Edited by Keith Walters