Lighting a Motel Room scene

I will be lighting a motel room for a short film. The room in the script is described as dingy but takes place in the day. I think I'm gonna go with a more film noir look because later on in the script someone gets shot in the room so I wanna keep the intensity of the room constant. Add to the drama.

These are the following lights i have to work with.

2X 2k Fresnel

2X Scoops

1X Baby Fresnel

and i can also get some lights at the hardware store and light with them.

Any suggestions?

There is a window in the room but im planning to keep the blinds pretty closed to keep the room dark.

Thanks.

I will be lighting a motel room for a short film. The room in the script is described as dingy but takes place in the day. I think I'm gonna go with a more film noir look because later on in the script someone gets shot in the room so I wanna keep the intensity of the room constant. Add to the drama.

These are the following lights i have to work with.

2X 2k Fresnel

2X Scoops

1X Baby Fresnel

and i can also get some lights at the hardware store and light with them.

Any suggestions?

There is a window in the room but im planning to keep the blinds pretty closed to keep the room dark.

Thanks.

Yes...keep the blinds pretty closed because there's no way you can fight sunlight with those guns...

If you put a CTB in front of a 2K, then its no longer a 2K, because the CTB will eat up some of the light.

I would keep the blinds closed , but use the 2Ks like if they were the light coming from the window. Place one 2K near the window and and shine it towards the bed. with some 1/4 CTB.

The other 2K you can bounce against the window, or the area near the window.

So you have soft and hard light coming from the window like a glow.

Use the 1K to bounce against the ceiling near the subject, but in the opposite side of the window.

And if you have a dimmer, use one scoop with a dimmer, very low behind the camera, for some eyelight.

The other scoop...well the other scoop you can leave in the truck.

'

Scoops are very limited, they produce a nice mix of soft light (because of the globe) and hard light, but because most don't have barn-doors they are difficult to use and control.

That's my 2 cents.

What are the dimensions of the room, including ceiling height? Those 2K's are going to cast quite the shadow, to prepare for that battle. Also, what format are you shooting on?

Here's some pictures of the room

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4072/4664452240_42fbe77fba_m.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4010/4664452514_3d66cda485_m.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4046/4664452918_92b179ea7a_m.jpg

I'm not exactly sure on the dimensions but it's fairly small. We're shooting on HDV, or a Canon xh a1