Where can I find a 35mm Time Lapse Camera?

Sean

Aloha

I have been shooting time lapse footage for years and now would like to catch some of that magic on 35mm film. I have been using both a Sony EX3 nnd a nikon DSLR, but would like to step up the quality. Can anyone recommend a camera that has the following features?

1 - Lightweight

2 - variable frame rate - anywhere from 1 frame each 5 minutes to 150FPS - would be nice. I would be willing to pay for a custom conversion if any camera shop would do that.

3 - video assist - optional

I was looking at the russian cameras due to the lightweight. My budget is about 10k, but I would be willing to pay more.

Am I asking for too much? Can anyone recommend such a system? I saw a mod for a russian camera, but it minimum fps was 1 - I need a longer delay that that.

Thanks

Sean

Edited by Sean

1 - Lightweight

2 - variable frame rate - anywhere from 1 frame each 5 minutes to 150FPS - would be nice. I would be willing to pay for a custom conversion if any camera shop would do that.

Time lapse shooting ask full closed film gate at time of waiting of next shoot.

Becase, any small light reflection can destory of final image.

Thta's why, the better, if the cine camera will have shutter at film surface or will have double shutter disk- one mirror, second at film surface.

Time lapse shooting ask of high precision positioning of film at film gate, that's why, the camera must have two side registration pins.

About lightweight camera can be a some problem, the high precision camera will have big weight (8...10 kg ).

The electrical motor with high control at time lapse and high speed ( 150 fps ) canbe problem. The better, to have two electrical motors, for time lapse or for high speed.

The interested idea to use of russian RFK-5, PSK-29 at base for Time Lapse upgrade.

Other idea to use of Konvas camera with upgraded 17EP-16 APK motor with Time Lapse.

We have 2213 crystal sync speed controller with 21 crystal sync speeds

6.250 8 10 12 12.5 15 16 16.666 20 23.976 24 25 29.970 30 32 33.333 36 40 48 50 60 fps,

Time Lapse #1 : time of film exposing 1/8 s and time of waiting of next shoot :1, 2, 4,

8, 15, 30,60, 120, 240, 600, 900sec.

or

Time Lapse #2 : Time of film exposing 1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 30,60, 120,240,600,900, sec and time of waiting of next frame 1/8 s.

multi mode film counter with LCD display.

The images of 17EP-2213-21 motor after upgrade

https://sites.google.com/site/olexserviceskonvas/repair-of/upgrade-motors/17ep-16apk-konvas-motors-upgrade

This is controller can be use for upgrade of other type of cine camera with DC motor and optical or magnetic feed back sensors.

And If you will have basic cine camera for upgrade send me question about attach of 17EP-16 APK motor or upgrade of original motor on Time lapse controller.

Video assistance must be direct ? ( without optica viewfinder ) or combined with optical viewfinder ? B&W or Color ?

The special idea of Time Lapse - shooting with automatic pan movement.

Dear Olex

Thanks for the info - Is is possible to get a camera that would able to shoot one frame every five minutes or so?

How much for the entire setup including the camera, lens, etc?

Thanks for your time

Sean

Dear Olex

Thanks for the info - Is is possible to get a camera that would able to shoot one frame every five minutes or so?

How much for the entire setup including the camera, lens, etc?

Thanks for your time

Sean

Our 2213 crysdtal sync speed controller of motor have time lapse mode with time of waiting of next frame 1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 30,(1/2 minute)60 ( 1 minute ), 120( 2 minutes ), 240(4 minutes) , 600 ( 10 minutes), 900sec(15 minutes ).

You need one shoot every 5 minutes ?

The one shoot every 4 minutes do not good for you ?

What kinds of list of waiting time a next shoot can be need from practical side ?

We can change waiting list of Time Lapse mode at next models of controllers.

All details my PM olex.camera@gmail.com

• 2 months later...

Our 2213 crysdtal sync speed controller of motor have time lapse mode with time of waiting of next frame 1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 30,(1/2 minute)60 ( 1 minute ), 120( 2 minutes ), 240(4 minutes) , 600 ( 10 minutes), 900sec(15 minutes ).

You need one shoot every 5 minutes ?

The one shoot every 4 minutes do not good for you ?

What kinds of list of waiting time a next shoot can be need from practical side ?

We can change waiting list of Time Lapse mode at next models of controllers.

All details my PM olex.camera@gmail.com

we have in India the time laps motor for Arri 3 camera if it works for you one can set time laps to any minute or any seconds

we have in India the time laps motor for Arri 3 camera if it works for you one can set time laps to any minute or any seconds

What inds of a time Lapse motor for Arri-35-3 you have?

Send me detailed information with pictures to my e-mail.

For note :

We can propose digital variable speed synthesizer with rate of speed 4-150fps, the step of speed settubg can be 1, 0.1, 0.01, 0.001 fps,

• Premium Member

Aloha

I have been shooting time lapse footage for years and now would like to catch some of that magic on 35mm film. I have been using both a Sony EX3 nnd a nikon DSLR, but would like to step up the quality. Can anyone recommend a camera that has the following features?

1 - Lightweight

I was looking at the russian cameras due to the lightweight. My budget is about 10k, but I would be willing to pay more.

Am I asking for too much? Can anyone recommend such a system? I saw a mod for a russian camera, but it minimum fps was 1 - I need a longer delay that that.

Thanks

Sean

I think for 10K ex-lenses you could look for an Arri 35-3 with a norris intervalomenter and capping shutter.

The capping shutter is necessary for any long frame intervals as most 35mm cameras are 100 % light proof when parked on a single frame for that long.

The arri 35-3, if you get a later version will go to 150FPS as well with a high speed base and can easily take a video split.

jb