10 minute

Gareth Blackstock

I have just uploaded a 10 minute version of the film "Eve's Song". We finished shooting around four months ago in the north of Victoria, Australia. The film was shot entirely on Super8 100D silent film. Dialogue, thankfully little of it, is yet to be added, as is the sound track.

The full version is 26 minutes, and will be cut down to around 15 minutes for entry into short film festivals. (possibly shorter)

The film was shot using a Canon 1218 and canon 814.

The 10 minute version can be seen via:

Individual frames can be seen via: http://mishkin.yolasite.com/eves-song.php

I hope people will have a look and let me know what they think, positive input is always a good place to start.. ;)

I think 100D is a great film, sharp will awesome colour rendition, I hope it lasts a long time.

• Premium Member

Well I like it.

I think the interior lighting is particular fantastic. As a very technical person, I think I would have maybe use 250 or 500T on the inside (if you could find some in Super8mm). But the look of this is very nice. I would like to see the full film.

Thanks for the feedback,

I am quite happy with the interior shots, we used 2 1000watt work lamps without barn doors. I wanted to get a good hard light to simulate a hot sun outside. For the film I decided to stick with 100D throughout, and compensate with harder brighter with the low asa indoors.

One thing I am very happy with is the lantern, I re-wired a 500watt bulb into the body, and it worked really well I reckon.

cheers